OrgPublisher provides both a fully web-based Thin Client and a PluginX Rich Client viewing options. For optimal usage of the solution functionality, we recommend that you use the OrgPublisher PluginX to view your organizational charts on your intranet. OrgPublisher PluginX must be installed on your computer so that your intranet users can actively view and search your published charts.If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, OrgPublisher PluginX is a self-installing ActiveX component. To install OrgPublisher PluginX, simply click on the PluginX sample link: OrgPublisher 11 Generalist chart
For more information on the PluginX, please refer to the OrgPublisher 11 PluginX Implementation Guide.
Client Suite files are compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and higher. The Client Suite installs the plugins for PluginX, WebAdmin, and OrgPlan.
How to Use ActiveX Control (Cabinet File) on your Web Server This information is intended for the experienced Script developer. Please contact your Web Administrator if you need assistance. You can copy the cabinet file onto your Intranet web server and then code your own html pages to use a codebase entry that points to your server.
Note: You can also follow the steps below to modify the page created when you publish a chart in the PluginX format or the page used to access OrgPublisher Web Administration.
Using these methods means that the OrgPublisher PluginX or Web Administration ActiveX will be automatically downloaded and installed from your Intranet whenever a new user looks at a web page containing an ActiveX org chart or accesses OrgPublisher Web Administration.
Aquire has MSI scripts (Microsoft Installer packages) available to assist with pushing out the PluginX files to locked down workstations. There are 3 MSI files to install 3 different activeX components for OrgPublisher. To determine what version of the MSI scripts to download, go to Help > About OrgPublisher in the application to view the full version of OrgPublisher installed. (ex. 10.1.3086.1) Select the matching version number below to download the appropriate MSI files.
• Installs the orgpubX.ocx file.
• Required pluginX viewer for standard "end users" to view interactive PluginX or EChart Rich Client Charts.
• Installs the orgplan32.ocx file.
• Required pluginX viewer for "planners" to view interactive Planning and Succession Charts.
• Installs the orgpub32.ocx file.
• Required pluginX viewer for Chart Administrators using OrgPublisher Web Administration.
• XX refers to the language of the MSI scripts.
• Aquire's MSI scripts are not a supported Aquire product.
• If you do not see the MSI version you require, please use the following email form:
Click Here to Send your Request for MSI Scripts to the Aquire Support Team